View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Default Mastro Auctions Being Investigated by the FBI

Posted By: Scott Elkins

from my limited contact with the person, I truly feel that Jim has a love for the Hobby as much as Leon, Jay, myself or any of us do. I don't think it is right to attack a person for wanting the Hobby cleaned up. I think a person should actually be commended for wanting the Hobby cleaned up, unless someone is making money from "cleaning" cards or defending persons "cleaning" cards and trying to deceive bidders!

Like I stated before, I am no longer commenting on Mastro and any FBI investigation(s). However, it really is hard to be silent when I see Jim Crandell being attacked for wanting the Hobby cleaned up. Leon states this is b/c Jim is afraid of losing $$$ b/c Jim has several high end cards and some "might" have been altered by these money hungry auction houses. This is the MOST hypocritical statement I have heard in a LONG time! The auction houses altering the cards should be the ones attacked by Leon - not the victim. This is like saying a woman deserved to be raped b/c of the way she was dressed - simply BS! Also, it would be hard to throw stones at Jim over money while defending a paying advertiser I would think!?!?

Anyway, it is nice and refreshing to read Barry's posts - a little humor is good in situations like this!