View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Default T215 Pirates group in Mastro Live Auction

Posted By: Charlie Barokas

"My understanding...and please correct me if I am wrong:

A hoard of desired and valuable cards show up, virtually out of nowhere. Previously only three graded (known?) and were all hand cut. Now an auction company who admittedly alters cards and is under investigation by the FBI is selling them. They were sent to SGC but not graded(?), where each were deemed factory cut based on an article their boss (let’s not go there) wrote.

Wasn't trying to spread fear.

I said "correct me if I am wrong"....and you did just that! So now I understand."

Kevin,

Please explain the following?

1. Do you have any evidence that Mastro is being investigated by the FBI (other than O'keefe's article)? If so, what specifically are they being investigated for? Coin gate? etc...

2. Doug Allen admitted to preparing cards under the guidelines of tier "1" which SGC defined as "not alteration" and or not detectable. So are you saying that Mastro Alter's cards beyond tier "1" or are you just finding fault with SGC's definition of alteration? If so, do you think you are more qualified than SGC to define "alteration"?

3. Are you suggesting that SGC is not qualified to grade these cards because of the article written in SGC magazine? Or is there some other conflict of interest that exists that you are implying? Do you believe that SGC graded these cards for Mastro, knowing full well they are trimmed or hand-cut? You did assert in another previously thread that the cards were indeed trimmed or hand-cut. I think you said to stay way away from this lot? Do you believe they are qualified enough to grade these cards or do you think they need to spend some time looking over your shoulder?

4. Lastly, please explain what you mean by (lets not go there)?

Thank you

CB

edited for spelling