View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 12:15 PM
Administrator

Default Some advice needed on pursuing the Dockman set!

Posted By: Brian McQueen

Jonathan,

The nice thing about this set is that the cards should be relatively easy for you to pick up on the whole. The two Wagners and the Matty are exceedingly popular but should be obtainable for under a grand apiece. Fortunately, there’s no Cobb in the set so you don’t have that one to worry about. I think the Young is a bit tougher so if you can find that one or any of those others I just mentioned for a good price, go ahead and pick them up just so you have them out of the way. I’d keep a close eye on Ebay for most of the commons. You should be able to score quite a few of them that way. Maybe even as low as $15-20 a pop for raw lowgrade examples. As far as tougher cards go, it’s the Dockman set, so nothing is truly scarce I don’t believe, but I think the Young and possibly the Seigle are amongst the cards that come around a little less often than the others.

To start off, you might want to throw a post up in our BST section that you're looking for some e92s if you haven't already. Maybe someone would have a few to get you started that you can purchase for a nice price. Whenever I start a new set, I like to have a good group right at the beginning to work with but that's just me.

Hope that helps get you started….