View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Default Some advice needed on pursuing the Dockman set!

Posted By: Kelly

I would also have to respectfully dissagree with the prior post that this set will be "relatively easy". Yes, they do come up on ebay relatively often, but condition is usually not good (Major creases, stains, and paper loss, etc.). If you are wanting to assemble a set in Fair-low VG , then ebay would be a great place to start. Cards in VG-EX (PSA 4, SGC 50) and up are not easy to find and when they do there is a great amount of competition to win them at auction and $15-20 as prior mentioned just won't get it. So, I guess it depends on your condition goal for assembling the set.

I have been trying to assemble a set since 2000 when I won a lot of 20 different. Almost 8 years later I still need 2 (Wagner throwing and Lajoie). I look almost everyday on Ebay and search all major auctions for cards I need, so the incompletion of this set is not for lack of effort. I have been the under bidder on these cards several times. The cards I have found most difficult to find were Crawford, Seigle, Kleinow, and O'Hara. My set is split between SGC and PSA. They are both under the registries on each site under the set name Marathon E if you would like to see.

Good luck with your efforts on pursuing this set, It will be time well spent. It is a great set to view and own.