View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Default Who's Buying At the National

Posted By: Bob

Matt- I think you misunderstood my post. Contrary to sounding dismal about arriving on Wednesday, that's when the first day is and I am VERY hopeful. Jim said you needed to be there Tuesday and I tongue in cheek said the show wouldn't be open yet. No, I definitely think Wednesday is THE night to be there although Saturday night and Sunday some dealers might start being more susceptible to dropping prices rather than taking home cards they would like to sell.
Two years ago we stumbled on a slew of Zeenuts from a seller who wasn't selling on ebay. I also bought some nice cards from Wayne Varner who wasn't in to ebay as much as he is now and bought some Fatimas from a guy who never used ebay. Also, I bought some nice cards from Gary N. and John B. that hadn't previously been on ebay. Finally, I talked to a dealer who rarely used ebay and I bought a couple of tough Sporting Life cards from him which he had left at home but which he sent me when he returned.
I agree with leon, some dealers still don't use ebay that much and there will be some treasures tucked away just waiting to be found.
Mainly though I go for the good comeraderie with 54ers, not to fill all my want lists and yet there are always cards to buy.
tbob