View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Administrator

Default Show me your Roger Connor

Posted By: DMcD

Hello again. Just got back from church. Episcopalian service in Hawaiian language. Very lovely. What is all this humbug at my Roger Connor thread? Justin, I don't know how long you have been on the board but the fact is that political stuff breaks out here all the time. You've got your Right Wing Nut Jobs and your Left Wing Pussies at N54 VBCF (I am of the latter ilk in case you haven't figured it out yet). We're very polarized just like the rest of the country. Just mention "New York Times" here and some RWNJ will weigh in with a derogatory comment about the damn liberals and Al Gore inventing the Internet. I was just trying to defuse the situation with a little self-deprecating joke. Maybe not a funny ha-ha, Justin is rolling on the floor blowing snot out his ears joke but, dude, it had purpose, namely keeping things light and maybe we can all get along . If you feel so strongly about political references in posts please head on over to the Minneapolis Bridge thread or to the Bush-Bonds-AntiChrist Axis of Evil thread, and have at 'er. Get plenty politics over there. Lay off me; I just want to see some scans of baseball cards. Mahalo.

Thanks to the guys who posted their Roger Connor cards. I like 'em. Wouldn't mind seeing more in case this thread jumps back on the rails. I am going to keep an eye out for any Connors that come up for auction. The man has a good story.

PS. Gil: "Not trying to be a dick." Good one . Vintage ItsOnlyGil.