View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Default Gretzky Wagner Sells Yet Again

Posted By: David Smith

Ed,

I should have put a smiley face behind what I posted. I was NOT trying to get something started, so I am sorry if you took it that way. What I attempted to say was that the card itself is only worth a certain amount but the hype that comes with it makes it worth MUCH more. Just like Paris Hilton.

Her acting, singing and whatever other abilities she might have are not worth very much and wouldn't make her stand out in a crowd. However, the fact that she is a wealthy heiress and found a way to stay CONSTANTLY in the news, her "perceived" celebrity status is greater than what it should actually be.

If this card were ANY other card, it wouldn't be worth as much as it is AND would probably be worth even less than a similiar card in the same condition because of all the negative publicity that has come out about it. But because of what card it is, the people who have owned it and ALL the publicity (good and bad), I believe it is worth more than what it actually should be. And I do mean worth because someone has actually paid $2.8 million for it. This is not a hypothetical.

David