Thread: buyer's premium
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Default buyer's premium

Posted By: Dan Bretta

I bid on the ebay Live auctions often and the only time I've ever had a problem is with an auction "house" that makes you arrange for your own shipping. I won a lot of photographs, baseball hand fan and a nineteenth century baseball book...it took more than a week to get an invoice from the auction house and when I called I could only get their answering machine...they would not return my call. Finally after two weeks I got an invoice and a phone number to arrange shipping...I first had to pay the auctioneer and I was supposed to pay the shipping to the guy who shipped it. So I called the shipper and he said he was holding up a mirror and could I call him back in 15 minutes....I called him back and he said he was in his car on his way to Florida and that he would stop off at the next stop and call me for my info and when he got back he would ship my items off to me and then I could just pay him when I get it. So about a month later my package arrived packed in a box not meant for shipping with a bill for $30. It cost him about $7 to ship UPS and he obviously paid nothing for the newspaper and box he shipped the stuff in. That's not the worst part though because there were no photos and the book was only just the front and back cover with the "book" gone. I tried in vain to contact the auction house, but they would never return my calls so I gave a negative feedback. About a week or so later the "Shipper" called me and asked where his $30 was and I told him about my problems and that if he wanted his money he would contact the auction house and have them contact me to work out the problems. He never did and I never paid him. One day while googling this auction house I noticed that their local antique newspaper did a glowing article on the auctioneer so I contacted the newspaper with my story and shortly after that I got an email from the auctioneer apologizing and they sent me a refund.