View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Default Illiterate ebay sellers

Posted By: davidcycleback

On a personal basis, most kids I meet are polite, respectful and bright. Knowing their families, I can state that they all have active parenting and parents who value education and politeness.

My dad's a retired professor who got his Ph.d. when he was 23, and he has said that kids today have a lot more homework than he did when he was a kid, and believes the current workload isn't positive. He's a firm believer in things like gym, free time and a good night's sleep as aiding rather than detracting from learning and intellectual success. So he's an 'old school' guy who doesn't believe that kids have it easier today. He's always been a firm believer that quantity isn't a substitute for quality.

My dad's best friend, who had the office next door, was probably the most famous person in world in his field, spoke seven languages, received the National Medal of Science from President Reagan and was Knighted by the Queen of The Netherlands. You know what he did every summer? He went canoing in Canada to get away from work.