View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Default another one bites the dust- ebay

Posted By: dennis

in the eight years i have been selling/buying on ebay i have contacted ebay at least 100 times on fraudulent cards. more than 50% of the time the auction was shut down. i for one don't agree with those who say ebay does not care. proving an item (a baseball card)is fake is an easy task for most who post/lurk here. now go to the womens clothes and see if you can spot a fake gucchi bag. there are thousands of fake items listed by scammers every day,not just sports stuff. those who think ebay should monitor every item for them so they don't get ripped off should just go else where and purchase their items. an educated buyer is what you should become if you are buying on ebay!! i for one don't want to see ebay have a buyers premium for items because they have to monitor every item sold because the buyer is too stupid to figure if they are dealing with a scammer. simple logic people, if you buy use a credit card on large purchases. contact the seller,check his feedback,look at what he sold in the past,etc...etc... i see people come to this forum all the time crying they were ripped off and usually all the tell tale signs of fraurd are right in front of their face,and they admit it,but still bought the item!! and i do feel sorry for you also because i don't like scammers. i have bought fake wrappers,goudey cards,diamond stars,so i am not saying i am smarter than everybody who has been scammed. but every fraudulent item i have purchased the seller has always given me a refund and has been happy to do it. so don't give up, continue to report the bad sellers and don't get frustrated,just keep trying. now leon see what your guy can do about those paper cut-outs sold by our buddy in paradise.