View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Default Irrational Exuberance Low Number High Grade 1933 Goudeys

Posted By: Charlie Barokas

Jim,

Are you saying that "Kevin Saucier" can erase the value of a graded card simply by claiming that it is altered in the holder? Because if so, I think you might want to consider re-valuing your collection.

The beauty of a graded card is that it bears the brand and credibility of the grading company along with the cardboard inside the holder. When you buy a graded card, you are essentially buying the cardboard and the flip. Without those precious flips from the grading services all of our cards would be worth alot less. Furthermore, once a card has a flip from a credible grading company there is nothing "Kevin Saucier" can do to lower the value. Talk talk talk all he wants, a PSA 8 or an SGC 88 will sell on the open market at a market price.

If you want to grade the graders and demand every card pass the personal inspection of "Kevin Saucier" ok, but remember when you try to sell your cards I hope "Kevin" is not in country.

For every card he keeps you from buying now (that is graded by PSA or SGC) conversely he might keep someone else from buying when and if your cards hit the auction block. Do you really want "Kevin's" opinion to supercede your 25,000 flips when the time comes to sell? I would argue those flips not the cardboard inside your 25,000 cards are the buttress to any value in your collection.

CB