View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Default NO Private Emails posted on this board - rule

Posted By: Aaron M.

Yeah, ps, it's like Bruce knows that if he posts with that kind of vitriol and abusiveness leon would probably ban him -- not to mention that most posters would probably be appalled and would treat Bruce much worse than they already do.

So what he does (and this is really a loophole) is respond to posts via private e-mail rather than in the thread in a manner grossly harsher than he otherwise would. It's like he feels he can harass, abuse, threaten and insult with impunity because posters aren't supposed to be disciplined for private e-mails.

In any case, I am glad so many people have stepped forward and shared how often Bruce resorts to this tactic. It shows an obvious pattern on Bruce's part and while it clearly illustrates how troubled Bruce is, it also shows how many people Bruce has gone after and that jay isn't some isolated incident.

Leon, I get your points and I wouldn't wish your oversight responsibilities on anyone, I think we really are dealing with an isolated poster here. Maybe I'm wrong -- are there other posters with a history of sending unsolicited abusive e-mails?

If so, and since he seems to be using e-mail as a way to circumvent and overstep what he would be allowed to post, I don't see why a warning would be out of place. It could actually be helpful in keeping Bruce from going off and maybe forcing him to improve his communication skills.