View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Administrator

Default Leon has opinions just like the rest of us

Posted By: Kyle

Leon and I traded emails once discussing ad costs on the site. I could not believe how cheap it is. Considering the number of hits to the board per day, week and month, advertisers get a steal of a deal.

If I was accumulating a massive number of items for selling on eBay at one time, I would consider buying an ad on this site because it was so cheap... and I'm the type of person who actually has coupons to use at a grocery when asked for them. I picked up a dime off the ground last week and put it in my pocket.

Does Leon spend a lot of time on this board? Yes. Does the ad costs help compensate him for his time? Yes. Do we need someone to monitor the boards? Obviously, yes. Do I think Leon wishes he didn't have to "police" the boards so much? Yes. Does Leon put so much time and effort into the boards because he loves what it does for the hobby, for the relationships he's made, items he has trade/sold/bought for/from his collection (just like everyone else who uses the board)? Clearly, this is why Leon is here, yes.

-Kyle