View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Default T206's and T205's

Posted By: Jay

Hi, I am new to the forum and wondering if someone could help me. My father-in-law just recently gave my wife and I about 100 or so T205 and T206's. They were in plastic sheets and I have since taken out the good ones, put them in sleeves and then put them in 1/2 inch plastic screw downs. They are authentic and alot of them aren't in very good condition. There are a few notable ones that are in pretty good condition though; Ty Cobb (bat on shoulder) and cy Young (portrait). Also there's another Cy Young (green and yello background) and Christy Matthewson (black hat). I was wondering exactly how rare these cards are?? How many are there out there?? And also, should I get them graded?? I certainly don't want to send them through the mail to get graded and I haven't heard of any big shows around here. I also wonder how tough they actually grade these things...I mean they are almost 100 years old and I think in good condition considering, but what if I get them graded and they give them a low grade.....are they worthless then?? Anybody please give me some guidance. Thanks alot

jay