View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Elberfeld controversy.....continued

Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

On a current thread a controversy developed that hijacked that thread, due to a scan I posted of two Elberfeld cards.
So, I'm posting them again to continue that debate, since this controversy was not resolved, and ended with sarcasm.

Upon posting these two Elberfeld cards (NY & Washington) a poster commented that the "dots" above and between
the "O, R & K" of YORK are hints of the "W" being removed and replaced with New York.

When I informed this poster that the Washington variation (350 series-1910) of this card was printed subsequent to
the NY version (150 series-1909), he didn't want to be "confused with the details"....he saw what he saw and that's
they way it is....furthermore, two other posters chimed in to support what he said.

Well, I say a "consensus" is not always correct....so, I scanned all my New York Elberfeld cards to prove to these three
guys that the "dots" they are seeing are some extraneous marks that are in NO WAY related to any remnants of the "W"
that they are contending.

Finally.....I leave this issue up to other Net54ers to resolve.....as I have lost patience dealing with skeptics who do not
understand or appreciate the Series' timelines in T206 set; and, refuse to accept any attempts to inform them.

TED Z

WHERE'S THE BEEF....oops, I mean THE "DOTS" ON THESE THREE ELBERFELD's ? ? ? ? ?