View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Default Poll: Should Suspect Auctions be Outed?

Posted By: Jon Canfield

Just my personal opinion but I have no problem with outing auctions at all. This board finds every auction in every obscure category. Sure, you can argue that by posting on this board, it will get 1000 views from the public exposure when maybe 1, 5 or 10 other board members might have discovered it the auction if it had not been outed. But out of those thousand views, how many are actually interested in that piece? Also, there are times when auctions are outed to discover more about a piece or ask what the heck the item is. I know many will argue that instead of outing a particularly rare piece of memorabilia or card publically for all to see, you should privately email a board member to get their opinion on value, authenticity, what it is, etc. The problem I sometimes find is if I have no freakin idea what the piece is, how the heck do I know who to email?

There are great arguements against outing auctions and I respect those that are totally against it. But I also personally have nothing against anyone who outs an auction.