View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Default Card restoration post

Posted By: leon

I don't think grading cards is what they ever intended to do..I received an email, from someone at MEARS, with the statement:

"what remains a mystery to me is why folks think we are grading and authenticating cards...we are NOT and have no plans to..Our policy is very simple, if the auction houses changes or alters an item, which they can choose or not choose to do, they have to let folks know they have done it."

I agree with that part of the MEARS policy. I also think they are very much headed in the right direction. My thought is that the policy, in totality, was just too strict for most companies to sign up for. I think this kind of policy, and forward thinking, is what is currently helping clean up the hobby though. I feel better today about bidding in auctions than I did a year ago. I also believe, as bad as issues have been with cards, there are even more in the memorabilia and game used environments....I will say it again..I applaud what MEARS is trying to do. If their policy was reworded a little bit, which they wouldn't do, it would have gone over better...... ..Just my opinion.....best regards