View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Default Autographs.....JSA video

Posted By: James Gallo

Guys I have seen spence at many shows and I have never seen either of the guys that talked in the video. As stated one is new.

Many of the auto's I have I got in the 1980s and 1990s myself so I know they are real, however I was buying a lot of stuff at shows and honestly it wouldn't suprise me if they are fake. I had JSA look at 2 Nolan Ryan autos which really looked good to me but I couldn't remember if i had gotten them myself.

I have had them look at about 50 pieces in the last couple of years and I have only had a small handful refused. They have refused 1 Mantle 3 times beacuse they just aren't sure.

Honestly I think this video is a bit unfair as who the hell cares about Sal Bando.... This will always go back to any 3rd party service spending the same time to authentic a $5 card, coin, autograph or whatever vs a $10,000 piece. It just doesn't happen the same way for pieces of such a drastic value difference.

I have sat there any watched the spence crew look over pieces and I have had them study a few pieces that were boarder line and yet still refused.

Does this show poorly on the company yes but I don't think it is the end of the world.

The only impact this will have is that the items JSA has refused I will have someone else look at and see what they say.

At the end of the day it all comes down to somone's opion wheather it is on a card, autograph or anything else.

If PSA refused a card that is then graded by SGC who is at fault. Same issue here. As someone stated any 3rd part service is only providing an opinion and from what I have heard JSA was respected well enough.

Lastly, for all the JSA is burning people I know I have heard of GAI and PSA signing off on some fake stuff to so it's not a perfect system and you just have to work in it.

That is why all my auto's I got in person or I will track back to the original person that got it signed.

Lastly, as someone else mentioned I would love to see them try to do this with a Ruth and see what happens, I bet in a few seconds they would refuse it.

James G

Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.