View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Default Is it just me...or are pretty much all card sales falling off?

Posted By: boxingcardman

I remember our last thread on this. And the one before that.

I don't know from macro-economic issues but here's what I see on the ground, so to speak:

People are tight right now. They are always tight when the gifting season is upon us and what the kids want this year costs more than it did last year. I may not be able to get the G.I. Joe with the kung fu grip and my wife may not want to...wait, that was Trading Places...But among my clients and colleagues, receivables are way up. I am filing more collections cases than earlier this year. I ams also being stretched on my receivables and clients are opting not to file smaller cases that would be filed without hesitation a year ago. People are definitely feeling house-poor here in LA, even if they haven't purchased or refinanced and aren't affected except on paper. The real estate crash was front and center in conversations over the weekend at various get-togethers. I also heard a lot of pissing and moaning over the stock market. The local high-end mall near my house was busy but nowhere near as jammed as it was over the last few years--I was able to turn right onto my street without hitting overflow traffic. All that tells me it will be a disappointing season and a slow new year, at least around here.

Looks like a good time to buy quality cards...