View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Default What is YOUR specialty

Posted By: Rob

If I had to pick ONE area, I guess it'd be M101-2s. But mostly I'm a type collector. Trying to pick up a few items from each set, but only if I like them. For example, I've picked up a few 1933 goudeys, and the colors are just so vivid on some of them. And I recently picked up my first T3 (Tenney! Thanks Craig!). Also picked up my first M101-1 recently (Thanks Richard!). A long term goal is to get a card each of the first inductees into the HOF. So far I only have an E95 Matty, but its looking like a Wagner could be on the way soon. I have M101-2s of Wagner and Cobb, but those aren't really cards. And sometimes I'll pick up a card if its not-very-common as long as its affordable and decent looking.

Steve, I agree you have quite an original collection theme -you said you collect items of "Bad Boys ... Those players who have run up against the establishment and have been suspended and/or banned from the game ... " Just wondering who you'd consider the modern day bad boys - those that 50 years from now will be considered the bad boys of our time. I guess names that I'd throw out would be Roberto Alomar, Barry Bonds, Carl Everett, John Rocker. I'm sure there's more, but those came to me the quickest. Do you collect any of their stuff, or strictly pre-war?

Rob