View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Default What is YOUR specialty

Posted By: Jeremy

Focus on 2 Themes :

1. Nashville Baseball (Nashville Vols - 1870-1964), Nashville Sounds - 1978-Present) including Pre-War to Negro Leaguer's to 2 Hall of Famer's that were former Nashville Vols, KiKi Cuyler and Waite Hoyt. Also anything Nashville Baseball from Ticket stubs to post cards to T206, T210, & T211 cards.

2. HOF Collector - Specifically I have narrowed my HOF interest to a Exclusive HOF club of 40 players. What I consider to be the Top 40 of all-time. Obviously it is a bit subjective, but I used Sabr and Sporting News to back up my own thoughts on who the best of the best were/are and I collected my absolute favorite card or what I consider to be one of the player's best cards (Eye appeal)of each of those 40 HOFamer's.(Still have a few to go...) With in this Top 40, I kind of played GM/Mgr/Coach and put a line up together for the AL and NL with my all time line up 1-9 with a DH and then 7 pitchers representing 7 game series. So basically, I have a Top 9 Line up for the Al and NL with a Top 7 Pitching Rotation for the Al and NL which leaves 4 bench spots for each league (20 players per Al-NL) (very necessary as I labored over roster spots like Dimmagio, Mantle, Speaker, etc...Some great ones just missed the cut, like Sisler,Simmons,H.Wilson,etc.) Then to to top it off - I made Joe Jackson and Pete Rose respective Captains of these All-Time HOF teams and added them in my Top 40 list as I think they are obvious HOFer's on paper. (Micro-managed enough ??) Absolutely Quirky, but a lot of fun and very hard to squeeze so few into a starting line up. Especially in the AL where I have Williams-Cobb-Ruth in the OF, therefore putting Dimmagio, Mantle, and Speaker on the bench. Travel back in time and imagine that !?! From an economic standpoint this keeps my budget in the black but allows me to have a HOF collection! A All-Time HOF collection if you will...

~ Jeremy ~