View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Default Lionel Carter and the Cavalry

Posted By: T206Collector

Many of you followed my telephone conversation with Lionel Carter a few weeks back. The purpose of the discussion was to learn about the origins of my Eddie Plank card. Carter told me some of the details over the phone, but informed me that he would write me a letter after he checked his records more closely. Of course, I am eagerly awaiting this letter.

Today, I received a note in the mail from Mr. Carter, written on a simple stamped index card. I took the addresses out, but otherwise the entirety of the letter is as follows:

I will, of course, be eagerly awaiting Carter's book, "Carter and the Cavalry." Carter's experiences during World War II in the horse cavalry and then being "dismounted" in the jungles of New Britain and New Guinea sounds incredibly fascinating. I doubt he discovered my Eddie Plank while fighting the enemy during WWII, but this story should make for a terrific read. I'll keep you posted.

And if you haven't had a chance to listen to my conversation with Mr. Carter yet, feel free to check it out on my website.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Visit http://www.t206collector.com for my blog, interviews, articles, card galleries and more!