View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 11:39 PM
Administrator

Default I wonder if I can trade my 87 topps case for this t200 case

Posted By: 1880nonsports

to being a period piece. The earliest I have owned was a circa 1921 carton and this one easily dates 15-25 years beyond that. No Fatima baseball cards came in soft packs although the later non-sport issues probably did. It appears they are packs of FOUR cigarettes - substantially too small to accomodate a card. Furthur confirmation can be garnered from the tax stamp - it had to be a special issue for the configuration - from the warning label - whose wording changed periodically - the introduction of "extra mild" - and a few other lines of exploration such as factory designations. Truth is it isn't worthy of any further research as it's just a weak "go-with" without substantial relationship to the cards. I would pay about 100.00 for it - because of the novelty. Most interesting however is the fact it was slabbed by GAI - giving the description on the flip/authentication an inferred credibility. Beyond that - it's one ugly looking package when presented that way. In the interests of full disclosure - I own a Sweet Caporal pack with all the proper bells and whistles other than the solitary 1909 stamp (as opposed to the 1909/series 1910) - and I had GAI put it in a slab for me at the national a few years ago........