View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 07:23 AM
Administrator

Default How it all Started with My First Tobacco(??) Card (H-801-7 Old Mill cabinets)

Posted By: Patrick McMenemy

Hi Ralph,

I have copied the thread for you.

Here's the scoop so far
February 13 2007 at 11:52 PM
Patrick McMenemy (Login vintagecatcher)

Response to OLD MILL cabinets....H801-7....any out there ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adam:

Lew Lipset lists 28 known Old Mill cabinets. He doesn't list JC's Bonner or the Wingo found earlier this year.

Therefore, out of the 30 known H807-1 Old Mill Cabinets that I'm aware of, here's the breakdown:

Per Lew: 3 Players in the H801-7 Cabinets are not listed in the T210 set. (Doane, Hearn, and Spratt)

Of the remaining 27 players represented: 17 are from Series No. 2 (Virginia League), 8 are from Series 5 (Carolina League), and only 2 from Series 6 (Eastern Carolina League).

At first, I thought this was strange....where are the other Series cards? However, I then read the ad on the back of the H807-1 cabinet: "OLD MILL CIGARETTES....Blue bloods every one. Made of Virginia and Carolina tobaccos--pedigreed leaf."

Of course! That's why the Virginia and Carolina Leagues are featured!

I think, therefore, it is safe to say that since Joe Jackson was in Series 8 (Southern Association) that there isn't a Jackson H807-1.

Patrick

If you want to view previous discussions Ralph...on the Forum 54 Home Page click on SEARCH POSTS...then select MATCH and key in Old Mill Cabinets in the search for box.

Patrick