View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 05:31 AM
Administrator

Default Beware Ebay sellers - "Fantasy" Vintage Buyer

Posted By: Daniel

Hi,

I'm a first time poster but have been lurking for some time. This board seems to have lots of great insights. Since the info others post here has helped me I thought I'd post about my most recent disheartening eBay experience in hopes it may help someone else. Pay it forward, so to speak.

I just had a run of auctions end in which one card, for $8,000, was fraudulently bid on and won by smartemptennis. As if that were not enough, in the same set of auctions I have another deadbeat bidder who won two items and is trying to dictate the terms of how he wants to pay. My auctions clearly state no paypal in several places and there is no logo on the auction showing I take paypal but that hasn't stopped the bidder, ppgustafson, from winning two items, making excuses and demands and not feeling he has any responsibility to pay.

I'm really concerned that once eBay establishes their new "buyer can never be wrong feedback system" losers like these two guys will come out of the woodwork, empowered by eBay to manipulate and extort small sellers simply trying to make an honest living.

Does anyone have suggestions, short of accepting paypal, to minimize the number of unscrupulous buyers that bid?

Thanks for your time,
Daniel

Please note that, in the end, ppgustafson paid by check. Thanks.