View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Default Beware Ebay sellers - "Fantasy" Vintage Buyer

Posted By: Larry-Not so anonymous

As has been stated here and in other threads, the issue of not allowing sellers to honestly reciprocate deadbeat or threatening bidders with negatives is a really big PROBLEM and I addressed this issue with my platinum level sales rep. She was very understanding and agreed with me but etc, blah blah blah, unless many of you that sell call e bay, it is a problem that will not go away. They also have a community post section which anyone that sells should use. My response to her basically stated that I would no longer participate in any feedback system by leaving anymore new feedback at all if this was allowed to happen.

Accepting paypal is not something we feel we need but is a convenience for our customers and one possible way of letting e bay know we are tired of this particular stupid regulation coming is possibly to stop taking paypal altogether, it is NOT required for existing power sellers to take paypal yet.

A fair compromise for e bay is to allow sellers with 98% feedback or more to leave retaliatory feedback when:
a) they post thru the unpaid policy for the fvf
b) they e mail trust and safety that this was the situation such as non paying bidders, bidder that do not read terms etc.
c) a first strike negative was given to the seller without proven provocation.

In the coming months before this policy takes effect, ALL SELLERS SHOULD CALL E BAY, WRITE E BAY and BE READY for a fight, it is our right.