Thread: PSA 1/2 Grades
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 10:20 PM
Administrator

Default PSA 1/2 Grades

Posted By: Tony III

I used my 6 free gradings, since I just renewed my collectors club membership, so the cards had to be valued at $500 or lower. I sent in a range of cards from a PSA 8 1962 Gaylord Perry rookie to a PSA 2 1914 Cracker Jack Grover Alexander. I got the cards back in 5 working days, which is what they guarantee for this type of submission.

I was next going to send in some high end cards like a 1887 N172 Old Judge PSA 4 Old Hoss Radbourn and a PSA 7 T206 Walter Johnson, but I have decided to save a few hundred bucks and not waste my time.

One of the cards that I sent in was a PSA 7 1964 Mantle and I thought for sure it was an 8, so I figured a 7.5 was in the bag. I even had my two sons and wife review the card before I sent it in. I had them compare it to 4 other PSA 8's to see if they thought it was about the same quality just to make sure I was not seeing with wishful eyes.

I would image that the since I am 0 for 6, I will just call it a day for 1/2 grades. I did today send in a 1887 N172 Old Judge Mickey Welch (arm extended) that is in an SGC holder (SGC 50 grade 4), so lets see if I get at least a PSA 4 on it. I should have it back in 5 working days also.