View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Administrator

Default 1902 Pittsburgh Pirates Team Card

Posted By: Phil Garry

I am asking for some help here in providing me with any known information on the below ebay item that I purchased last week from a very reputable ebay seller and just received in the mail today. This seller deals with mainly high-end Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb & Honus Wagner early 20th century collectibles on a regular basis.

The auction does not show a scan of the back of the item but it is blank with 15 player names written in pencil. Paper stock feels like a postcard and is definitely not photo paper nor is the surface glossy and at least two of the edges have been trimmed. I have already confirmed via research that the team pictured is the 1902 Pittsburgh Pirates and I can identify the players.

Based on the appearance of the item, I am guessing it was either a team issued promo as stated in the ebay seller's description or some type of W-UNC cut out similar to W555's, etc. Size of the item is approximately 3 1/4" X 5".

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180215446416&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=008