View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Default Attn eBay sellers

Posted By: NickM

I had a seller on a fairly cheap modern card a couple years ago send me the wrong card (I have no idea what he sent the winner of its auction), ignore 4 emails about it, and then (I left a negative over a month after the auction ended) leave me a negative a month after I left a negative calling me a moron and saying I never emailed him. [He loves to throw gratuitous insults around in his retaliatory negative feedback.]

Never mind the fact that even if I hadn't emailed him, sending the wrong card when it was sold to someone else is something that should have prompted at least an initial email from the seller along the lines of "Hi. I sent you somebody else's card by mistake. I'm sending your card out with a SASE for the other one. Please return the wrong one to me."

So that sort of twit seller could go around blocking from other people's auctions everyone who leaves him a well-deserved negative.

Then there are the sellers who sell lots and lots of cheap stuff and ship most of it out. You've probably seen these sellers mentioned in different threads, even if you don't collect what they auction - they're the ones who lose power seller status because they drop below 98% feedback (actually, based on the way ebay calculates power seller feedback, it normally means dropping below 97%). Leave one of them a negative because he couldn't be bothered finding and shipping your $3 card and you could find yourself locked out of many sellers' auctions.

And then there are the scam artists who block everyone who sends them emails that call them out on the scams. I'm sure they would have a field day with this.

Let's not forget what would happen to the buyers who have publicly outed card doctors. It's really not that hard to figure out the buying IDs of people who post to things like "recent pickup" threads or who participate in graded card registries. This would give the card doctor the power to retaliate by seriously interfering with the buying IDs of people who would never bid on his altered junk.

Just say no to this really bad idea.