View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Default FBI to drop Clemens case?

Posted By: CoreyRS.hanus

Regardless how many friends Clemens may have in high places, I can't fathom how the government could drop this case yet proceed with the Bond's case. The parallels are too strong and treating Clemens differently than Bonds would create extremely vociferous claims of racial bias. As to this moron Weiner's assertion that the government has better things to do with its time, wow! Amazing! So whether lying under oath to Congress as it performs its official duties is an offense worthy of prosecution is now to be a function of some subjective determination of how important the matter is that Congress is investigating?! What a great way to get people to testify truthfully before Congress. Oh, and by the way Congressman Weiner, why don't you go to the families of high school athletes who took their lives as they were withdrawing from steriods. And explain to them how the effort to get PEDs out of professional sports so that these kids' role models will be perceived as clean and their accomplishments untainted is not important enough a matter for Congress to take up.

Perhaps the best argument for the government to drop this case, as well as Bond's, is that it seems the more the government gets involved, the more we get to see how Congress functions and how stupid and imbecilic many of our Congressmen and Congresswomen are. At this point frankly I'm not sure which has outraged me more, Clemens's blatant lies or the utterly stupid and inane questions some members of Congress asked at the hearing, not to mention bozo Weiner's reasons why the govenment should drop the case.