View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Default Post war side of the board?

Posted By: Dave Hornish

Leon:

I think the postwar board is doing OK post wise; it may be a little slow but things tend to go in cycles on many boards. I haven't posted as much due to personal and time issues of late but plan to pick it up again when I can. I think it is a good resource and while I personally would not mind it melded with the main pre-war board, I am sure the majority feels otherwise (and that is fine-this board's main focus is pre-war).

Some comments about post WW2 issues being appropriate on the main board are apt as well. I think most people think of pre-war as really "pre Topps" and even if you expand that to go to say 1957 (which I believe is the year baseball and baseball cards changed irrevocably and brought in the "modern era")it still captures the spirit of the era. And look at Old Cardboard-they define vintage as 50 years old.

Two suggestions/observations then:

1) You could combine all the post war stuff onto one board, instead of separate ones for each sport.

2) Would a standalone T206 board be a good idea? Or would it dilute the pre-war board?

Anyway, hope the post war board stays in some form.