View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 02:13 AM
Administrator

Default I believe these are Repro's, your thoughts?

Posted By: LetsGoBucs

Well, I had also emailed the seller about the card and shared my opinion that the card was a reproduction.

I'll speak for myself and say that I'm sure I've had cards over the years that I didn't catch as being trimmed/altered/etc and then when I looked at it wondered how could I have missed it.

When I was selling cards I handled anything before about 1972...thats a lot of potential sets that you might only happen to buy in a collection once. And if everything in a collection looks legit then you would assume that some cards your not familiar with are also legit. I don't know of any instances where I sold an outright "fake" card. I can recall two instances where other dealers pointed out a trimmed card (and one of them was a substantial card - Ruth), and one instance of a customer pointing out a card that had some color added to it.

I would be inclined to give the seller the benefit of the doubt. He has ended the auction and sent the cards to be authenticated (I assume graded), so we'll see. His reply was infinitely more polite and civil than 98% of the times I've alerted sellers to the fact that their card is a reproduction. Everyone makes mistakes and I'd assume that right now he's kicking himself....and remember he who lives in glass houses.....