View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Administrator

Default Sad news regarding Max Rice (Zach's dad)

Posted By: Anthony N.

I just got a call from Zach Rice, and I'm sorry to report that his dad, Max, has passed away this evening.
If anyone has had the good fortune to meet Max at the National the past few years you are aware of the depth of the loss. Max, despite being confined to a wheelchair with MS, always had an incredible sense of humour of his situation, and many of us found his outlook on life truly inspirational.
Zach has taken care of Max (and vice versa) for many years, and despite still being a teenager shows maturity well beyond his chronological age. The two of them together were a pleasure to be around, and their relationship was the envy of many fathers and sons.
Zach asked me to put a post up here to let everyone know that he's going to be out of the loop for a few days as he deals with arrangements and the arrival of his extended family. He's really an amazing kid, and Max was very proud of him, as are those of us that know him. I think it's a testament to his character that he called me tonite to ask to spread the word that he'll need a few extra days before being able to fulfill his obligations in any pending transactions.
Please join me in expressing our deepest condolences to Zach and the Rice family.