View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Default **BONUS Net 54 VBCF April Board Contest ** -- Winner Declared

Posted By: Brian McQueen

I was a little surprised this was completed in the first night as well. I guess I can see it happening though if you just sit down and devote an evening to researching these until you get them all right. I tried to respond pretty quickly when people wrote in so they'd know what questions they still needed to answer correctly. This might have helped speed the game up a little bit as well.

There were a couple questionable questions. #16 and #28 were ones a lot of people had problems with. I won't post the answers or large hints on the board in case people are still working on this for fun, but it seems that for #16, there were conflicting sources and possibly a major source that was just plain innaccurate and for #28, this was a bit confusing because of the way I worded the question and that there may have been multiple teams who came up with idea of "spring training" at roughly the same time.

A lot of the questions I thought were going to be really difficult weren't missed by too many people at all. For instance, I thought questions #10 and 11 were very obscure and "trivial" in nature and would be tough to find answers to but people did. I figured that the inclusion of the phrase "minor league pitcher" would throw people off on question #30 but it really didn't fool anyone.

Lots of really solid entries and everyone seemed happy with this sort of contest so hopefully we'll have another at some point. Thanks again to Matt and everyone else who participated!