View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Default Open letter to STAT and Christopher Morales

Posted By: <b>J. McMurry</b><p>Hey guys,<br /><br /> I have posted here in the past and just "rediscovered" this forum. I think this is great, and badly needed. Everyone has made great points(except for the unheard subjects). The main point I stress is the same ol cliche, DO YOUR HOMEWORK, I've been collecting for 18 years now and still would not consider myself an expert, even though I spend HOURS reading, researching and asking questions of those I respect in the hobby. SCD can still provide interesting info when read,such as the following: CC ad touting Donald F. as the "best in the business", Ted T. listed as an employee of CC auctions, Ted T. writing letters to the editor defending CC against the HBO piece. The facts are there for everyone to see and make their own judgements. I would like to thank Shelly for faxing me a sample sheet of Marino autographs a while back, and his "fighting the good fight",but I also agree that it probably wouldnt be a good idea for him to get back into the hobby as a dealer. I would also like to thank Rich Simon, who I have purchased items from and who has also passed on some good info. Ron Keurajuan(sic?) has also been agreat help in the past,as has Keating and Spence. We need more guys like them to help out the little guy who loves the hobby ,but cant afford to drop $1,000 on a Ruth 3x5,etc. thanks guys.