View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 04:16 AM
Administrator

Default Open letter to STAT and Christopher Morales

Posted By: <b>SC</b><p>The thread still has some amusement value in a warped sense, like staring at the aftermath of a train wreck. <br /><br />The simplest fact remains that, the defenders of these "allegedly" fake autographs will not put their money where their mouth is. Until then, I have no respect for them.<br /><br />If they truly believed these items were real - buy them! I know a dozen people that will hand me a check for $50,000 to buy out the next CC auction with the promise of the same items being in Mastro et al in 90 days. Heck, you can probably cherry pick $5000 worth of stuff and get a 1000% return on it.<br /><br />There's no question that PSA/DNA, JSA, Lelands, Simon, and every other dealer/authenticator in this business has made mistakes, ranging from trivial to serious. If nothing else, the idea of seeing a major catalog auction with thousands of signatures authenticated in group lots, tells me that corners have been cut. No different than PSA, SGC, GAI, etc. The value of the reputation is in what level of confidence you have in their overall accuracy and integrity. If they are right 99% of the time, great. 80%...not good. 50%...I'm just as well using a dart board. <br /><br />For the authenticators out there, and I know this is a loaded question...have there been forgers good enough to make a perfect copy of a signature?