View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Default Open letter to STAT and Christopher Morales

Posted By: <b>Bill Panagopulos</b><p>Shelly,<br /><br />Beatles signed albums (authentic) are generally selling at auction for around $75,000, up. Itsonlyrocknroll.com sold one about a year ago for, if I'm not mistaken, around $100,000+. So, if the gallery albums ARE authentic AND my auction and sales records are correct, $14,000 or so for a signed Beatles album is a flat out steal.<br /><br />Again, my information is that there have been less than ten U.S.-issued band-signed Beatles albums ever seen. According to offerings on their websites yesterday and today, just between Rock Star Gallery (11), American Royal Arts (9, possibly 10) and Starmarks (1), plus two more efforts on C.C. - that makes a total of 23 signed Beatles albums on the market that I was able to track down. Twenty-one of them have apparently been approved by Mr. Morales. Twenty-one. And if those 21 are indeed authentic, and they really are worth at least $75,000 each, then we're talking about $1.5 MILLION. Of course, if they all sold at the bargain price of say, $15,000 each, that's a measly $315,000. <br /><br />How many of these have been sold in the past year, five years, ten years? For how any dollars? God knows.<br /><br />How can so many of these ultra-rare albums come on the market so quickly? Did the Beatles lock themselves up in a room and sign for weeks on end, and this hoard was just discovered? What is the provenance for these rarities? <br /><br />As I told Rich last night, I'm certain there's going to be some questions asked, and it won't be just here.<br /><br />