View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Administrator

Default Open letter to STAT and Christopher Morales

Posted By: <b>Robert</b><p>About Sports Collectors Digest/Krause/FE...the one thing I detest about this business is the fact that autograph sellers (reputable ones) are for the most part, a selfish bunch. Legitimate autograph sellers who use SCD don't care that their competition may not be honest and is selling items at a rather large discount. The reputable seller has an item up for $3,000 and his competition has one for $200 and that's okay with them? Why? It wouldn't be okay to me of I was that seller. <br /><br />In regards to authenticating, people for the most part are specialized and the good ones admit that they aren't capable of authenticating all genres. Caizzo probably doesn't know jack about Barry Bonds or Andrew Johnson. So how is it that all these one or two men team/s can authenticate anyone from Plato to Lewis Carroll to Sitting Bull to Badfinger to Todd Helton? <br /><br />I'm very limited, I am the first to admit it, but I know when someone is blowing smoke up my arse. Oh, as a child I learned two things. Don't accept gifts from strangers and if it's too good to be true, it probably is. <br /><br />Robert