View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Administrator

Default Open letter to STAT and Christopher Morales

Posted By: <b>Bill Panagopulos</b><p>I see a number of changes. <br /><br />And I see only ONE specific reference to any education in determining the authenticity of autographs, namely his stint with the Secret Service:<br /><br />"Special Agent/Examiner of Questioned Documents. U.S. Secret Service, Washington, DC Assigned to Washington field office, where responsibilities included investigative and protective work. Responsible for full range of investigative techniques and practices, including: participation and management of criminal investigations of violations pertaining to fraud, forgery, counterfeiting, and threatening remarks or activities against the President of the United States and other Secret Service protectees; detaining, arresting and interviewing suspects; report preparation; and court preparation and testimony". <br /><br />That's a lot of things to do. How much time was spent studying handwriting and forgery, and how much time was spent doing such work on the job with the Secret Service?<br /><br />Also, this cryptic notation at the very bottom of his resume, no employer named:<br /><br />"Examined all evidentiary aspects of financial crimes and fraud, including handwriting and hand printing comparison, typewriting examination, as well as examination of counterfeit currency and credit cards, government checks and other government obligations, during detail at Forensic Sciences Division as Questioned Document Examiner. February 1985 to July 1989". <br /><br />Forensic Services Division of what? FBI? Secret Service? CIA? Where? What? How?<br /><br />Twice Mr. Morales declares himself a "Questioned Document Examiner" or "Examiner of Questioned Documents". Is he allowed to use that title? Can I use that title?<br /><br />Anyway, I see absolutely no other reference to any education in the field of autograph authentication. None. <br /><br />The course completion certificates, the establishing of laboratories overseas, "threat coordination", selecting staff for the Haitian National Police Academy, training programs in serology, etc. etc. are all very good and certainly commendable, but ARE NOT RELEVANT TO AUTUGRAPH AUTHENTICATION. <br /><br />Mr. Morales - all of this can be settled if you will accept my invitation to a public forum to defend your authentication practices. See above. <br /><br />This is the second time I'm making this offer.