View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Default T206 "Elite Eleven"....their various backs & SURVEY

Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

You ask a very good question....lets 1st consider the printing aspects of the Lundgren (Cubs) and the Elberfeld (portrait-
Washington). The majority (98 %) of Lundgren cards were printed with Piedmont 150 backs. Subsequently, Lundgren was
short-printed on P350, and especially so, on EPDG.

Elberfeld was printed on Piedmont 350, Sweet Cap 350/25, Sweet Cap 350/30 backs....and, a seldom seen Old Mill back.

Elberfeld was traded to Washington, Dec. 1909, which was at the tail-end of the 350-only Series production period. Thus,
we can conclude that this card was short-printed. So, the real question is which one of these two Subjects were "more
short-printed" ? Of course 99 years later, there is really no way of determining this. Pardon me if I use ebay as some sort
of measure, but any given week you will see a slight more Elberfeld (port-Wash.) cards than Lundgren (Cubs) cards. Cur-
rently, there are three Elberfeld's to one Lundgren. Of course Elberfeld is a bigger $$ card; and, that may be the reason
more of them will be listed on ebay.

Really, I think it's a close call between these two T206 Subjects. Hopefully, Scot Reader can enlighten us on this question.

TED Z