View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Default What Do You Consider Card Doctoring?

Posted By: leon

If you are going to have an intelligent debate don't always make crap up and embellish. You will garner a lot more respect that way. As my dad would say you would argue with a sign post and give it a 30 minute headstart.

"I didn't see where Frank said he would take a crease out. He said he would unfold it."

Sorry - that's what I meant; I wasn't aware of the difference between removing a crease and flattening a folded card.

As far as disclosure not being important to you if you can't see it, if the corners on the card were rebuilt, would you still feel the same way? What if someone wanted to keep a card in their personal collection, but didn't like the way it looked and wanted to pay to have the corners rebuilt - would you object? To me, it's theirs to do what they want to; the only objection is when they come to sell it, having the user believe everything is original when it is not; that's why I believe disclosure is really all that matters here.

I tend to agree with you that unfolding a corner where the crease is still visible does not need to be disclosed, but I believe some above would disagree since a card with a corner folded 90 degrees up would sell for less then a card that is totally flat."

So lets start from the first inaccurate statement you made again. It doesn't take long to get there as it's generally the first thing you say...and ends with the last thing you say....

Where does Frank say he flattened a card. He said he would unfold it. I don't think unfolding amounts to flattening....but you can spin it anyway you want to. IF corners were rebuilt I would most likely be able to see it with a loop in direct light. I have practiced seeing this kind of alteration before. OF course fraudulent alteration is reprehensible. I don't care what someone does to a card that they plan to keep forever. It's none of my business. Of course if you sell a card you had materially altered it should be disclosed. Any jackass knows that. As far as me pushing a corner back down that wasn't too severe....no, sorry, I don't feel the need to disclose it. It came from the factory with the corner correct and if I nudge it with my finger to make it correct again I doubt it will cause a ruckus....I am sure I have bought hundreds of cards that have had a corner pushed down (minimally) or something taken off of them that wasn't supposed to be there.....again, I have better things to worry about.....maybe you don't?