Thread: USPS Thieves
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Default USPS Thieves

Posted By: Carl Lamendola

I have had two bad experiences in twenty years.

(#1)- I once split a group of about 20 Mayo football cards for $4K 10+ years ago from a guy in NJ. Who gave them to his wife to ship them UPS. She put them in two bubble envelopes!! Needless to say one made it and the other didn't. It took me two months to get my money back from the seller. UPS hires alot of part timers in the summer...Leasson Learned - DON'T USE THEM FOR ANYTHING RARE.

(#2)USPS Regestered and Insured - $1800 worth of a rare regional issue. 17 days -"don't worry - federal offense - everyone signs for it - they sent the Hope Diamond registered"- Postmaster. BULL, I got the package it was opened tape peeled back, etc. It was around Christmas time - Lessoned Learned - DON'T SEND ANYTHING VALUABLE AROUND CHRISTMAS. Luckily the guy was probably looking for jewerly, not 1968 Champion Cornflake football cards - The prices stickers were even still on the cards !!!

In conclusion, there is always some level of risk, which most people don't appreciate sending this stuff through the mail. Heck, I had some cards at PSA recently when the whole state of California seemed to be on fire .... I hope PSA has a good fire suppression system like HALON