View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Default B&L Auction Disclosure

Posted By: leon

I searched and found the thread on our original announcement. Scott spoke about it then I did, in response to King...I am not trying to be antagonistic just pointing out what you missed (or might not remember) from before.....and this was taken from a longer response but addresses your question specifically.

"King March 8 2008, 10:26 AM

"1. When you guys list a card/lot that you own, will you identify as such? I think Barry Sloate does that, and I really appreciate that. I don't know of other auction houses doing that.

\
\

My response:

1. I don't believe Barry does this at this point. We don't believe we will single out our items or any others. Our bidding records are available to be viewed by a 3rd party if anyone thinks there is an issue. For instance if you think there is an issue....you find a good 3rd party, unbiased, non-hobby person, and we will prove there are no improprieties going on. Records will be maintained forever. Most of my 19th Century stuff will be sold in these auctions and folks will know this material but it probably won't be marked in any special way.