View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 03:50 AM
Administrator

Default I Don't Understand the Compaints about E-bay's New Feedback

Posted By: LetsGoBucs

I don't buy via Amazon nor do I sell any items. As a buyer on ebay I can say that things were getting ridiculous in terms of sellers refusing to give feedback until they got a Positive feedback. And when I say ridiculous, over the past two years I bought about 30 items via ebay and didn't receive any feedback. It reached the point that I didn't even bother to send emails after paying regarding the lack of feedback.

My own opinion is that once I've fully paid for an item and the seller has received payment, then feedback should be given. If I took two weeks to pay via paypal then I should get a negative feedback, if I try to negotiate the price after the auction - negative. If I pay 5 minutes after the auction closes - positive. Once I receive the goods then I should give feedback. Received in one week and well packaged - positive. Received in three weeks and well packaged - neutral. Received in one week but not what was described - negative. Received in three weeks but seller sent an email after three days letting me know her children are sick and she won't get to it for a week or so - positive. Etc, Etc. I agree completely with the comment prior that no feedback system should be set up so that 99% is a "bad" seller. Ebay isn't my life, I sometimes forget or sometimes procrastinate or other things happen. I would expect that sometime I will win an auction but forgot that I bid/won until a week later when I log onto ebay. Likewise I would expect that a seller gets sick, car breaks down, etc.

I can't comment on how buyers might or are ripping people off, but I can say that with this new system I've suddenly started to get feedback. Unfortunately there is theft in any retail situation, and that I have experienced first hand. Whether its via ebay scams or shoplifting or larger thefts, retailers experience loss in almost every industry that I'm aware of. Its wrong of course but I know of no foolproof way of prevention. But I do know that the previous feedback system in no way was adding any real value from my own perspective.