View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Administrator

Default Mastro Lot 661 - Bill Bergen, Batting - Blank Back

Posted By: Jon Canfield

I'm hoping the board can give me some insight as to Mastro's lot 661 which is advertised as a Bill Bergen, Batting - Blank Back T-206 with a very faint Hindu ghost print. For some reason, I can't figure out how this is a ghost print and just not a faded back.

If, for example, the printer was printing off sheets of Hindu backs, then the all the printed backs would be facing the same way. For illustrative purposes, imagine 10 black pieces of cardstock being fed into the press. The press prints 20 Hindu backs on the page and spits the cardstock out, the Hindu backs all facing up. The next sheet goes through and the Hindu backs are printed, the cardstock is shot out and the Hindu backs are all facing up and so on and so on. The sheets are then fed through the printing press that prints the fronts, etc etc etc. It seems to me the ghost back should be on the front of the card. Even if you reverse the process and the fronts are printed first, then the 10 sheets are flipped over and the back is printed, the "blank" back would not be in contact with the other backs to leave the ghost print / wet sheet transfer.

Am I thinking about this wrong? Just trying to figure out how a ghost print back facing the correct way gets on a blank-back card.