View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 12:13 AM
Administrator

Default "Auctioneer Bashing" by Joe Orlando

Posted By: Bottom of the Ninth

"If you care about the hobby, as I do..." was the proof to me that this letter was nothing more than Joe trying to quiet down PSA critics. Since when has Joe demonstrated he cares about the hobby? When PSA decided to go with half grades and guarantee that upon review your card would either come back unchanged or in a higher holder sending back into circulation cards which were over graded or altered? Or maybe it was when he behind the scenes helped his friend and PSA's number one advertiser to recert cards from a previous auction so they appeared as different cards in the advertiser's next auction months later? Of course one of my favorites were Joe showed he cared about the hobby as much as the rest of us do is when he did as little as possible to alert collectors about the wide spread fraud that was perpetrated by When It Was A Game. How many cards have I personally submitted to Joe for the graders' review which I knew were altered and each time came back with the explanation the cards were graded correctly? Ah yes, Joe's interest in the well being of this hobby is endless. If Joe ever was behind anything that was in the best interest of the hobby I must have blinked and missed it.

Greg