View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Default nba refs make it not a good watch

Posted By: Wil Jordan

I have watch the NBA since the 1950's and believe that the officiating in the NBA is as bad as it has ever been. As a player, coach, fan all anyone expects from an official is consistency. We are not seeing that today! However, in part the players and the coaches can blame themselves as they have become very good at acting out fouls. Things happen so fast on the court that the officials react to slow. In the game the other night the Lakers since the days of Mikan have been compainers.If you look at the regular season the Lakers shot more free throws than their oppenent 91% of the time. Kobe averaged almost 18 free throws a game tops in the NBA. I watched the game the other night a couple of times and their were only a couple of times were I thought a call was not made or the wrong call was made. Their were 7 more fouls called on the Lakers than the Celtics. But many of those fouls were on shots were free throws were awarded. The Celtics were the more agressive team and got the calls. Kobe only took the ball to the rim four times, he has become a jump shooter and jump shooters don't get many foul calls. I do agree that beacuse of the bad officials the NBA has been hard to watch all year. But in this case the Lakers complaints are not justified.