View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Default Update: **STILL** A Scammer: Bill Bellamy (volvo947@sympatico.ca)

Posted By: quan

Ok, so there are 2 sides to every story, but I feel mine is about 99% accurate and with Leon and the mods' approval I'm going to out the scammer Bill Bellamy.

I'd bought an e93 Mathewson from him for $615 shipped from Canada...bst thread below:

http://tinyurl.com/3ae26a

The scan in the OP was a cropped front scan...hiding a trimmed bottom border. Also notice 2 edits by him...one in the OP on 12/10/2007 and another a couple posts down on 11/25/2007 after peter's inquiry.

Concerned with the cropped scan...I'd offer to buy the card for $600 provided "if bottom border is normal". His reply stated nothing of the bottom border so I thought it was fine, and agreed to a $615 deal. Upon receipt of the card yesterday I noticed right away the bottom is trimmed and told him so and if he didn't agree I can send it to SGC. He agreed saying "sure send it to SGC and lmk what they say".

It was so OBVIOUS that I told him I can just send it to Leon and Scott Brockelman to take a look and save $30, to this he also said fine. Since the trimming is so OBVIOUS~! I blew up 2 scans for Leon and he was 100% confident right away that it was trimmed w/o having to see it in person...and I should demand a full refund. Scans are below, left is his scan compared to mine on the right.

When it was confirmed trimmed his tune totally changed. He said I should've asked about the card before buying (which I did)? He'd posted in the OP it was short?? He has 100% ebay feedback and doesn't stand behind cards he sells???

Here's where the edits come in handy. I told him not remembering about the "maybe length is short" in OP and wondered if he just edited on 12/10/07 after the deal broke, he told me the edit was to state the card as SOLD! How nice of him to inform everyone again a card on the 4th page of the BST that it was sold about a month after the fact...to reiterate his post on 11/15/07 that card was sold. He's adamant about the fact I should've asked questions beforehand, but it's hard getting through to a thief and a scammer.

I have alot more to say but it's getting long so I will just add more info if the board have any questions or I would love to hear others' feedback whether I should accept any responsibility in any of this. Bill did offer a partial refund of $150 (wow! jump at it!!! right???) which I did not agree to.

Leon's told me this is the 1st outright scam he's remembered on the board... YAYYYY

CLIFFNOTES: Bill Bellamy the scammer sold me a card knowingly trimmed, then refuses to offer a complete refund(~$615) because he's shady and basically shifts all the blame to me. I'm 100% correct and have all detailed info thus Leon/Brian sided with me 100% thus the post to warn everyone.

*****1/20/2008 Update*****: Bill wanted Leon to mail him a letter through the post office apologizing for Leon's harsh(?) words during the mediation process before he'd send a refund. No surprise after a month after the letter was sent he still has not received it...I refuse to play games with a scammer so this is basically to update everyone what we already knew...Bill Bellamy is a hobby cancer and a scammer.