View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Default Suggestions for Grading Companies

Posted By: Anthony S.

I think SGC rocks, with one huge caveat: The population reports. I only use them as a resource when I'm selling.

Here's an example of the unintuitive pain-in-the-assed-ness of SGC population reports. I just ran these searches within the hour:

1) In the keyword field, I typed in: e90-1

No specific matches found, it tells you to type in a player name and year.

Seriously, shouldn't the user be able to simply type in the keyword e90-1, and get a population report for the entire set?

2) In the keyword field, I typed in: American Caramel

Ditto

3) In the year field, I typed in: 1909

American Caramel pops up as one of the possibilities, so I click on it, but it only gives the population reports for e91s.

4) In the year field, I typed in: 1910

American Caramel pops up again as one of the possibilities, so I click on it, but it only gives the population reports for e125s

5) I type in: 1909-11 (as e90-1's were produced all 3 years)

Among the possibilities that pop up are:

a) e90-1
b) American Caramel

So I clicked on e90-1 first. One name pops up. Larry McLean. That's it. It's like running a population report check for T231's (this is the only place I know where I can use this analogy, if I ever used such an analogy to my friends they'd beat me with a stick).

Doesn't somebody at SGC have a computer whiz son, home from school for the summer, who can fix the reports and make the population search process a little less byzantine?