View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Default Suggestions for Grading Companies

Posted By: Mark Anderson

Tony, I've honestly never heard of a single instance of that being an issue with our sleeves. Keep in mind that when PSA uses inner plastic, it is two separate sheets, or an actual penny sleeve, that is then held in place by the two slab pieces being sealed together. Our sleeves are of a different material which I've never seen an example of a card sticking to it. We leave the corners open intentionally to allow the card to "breathe" within the slab and not trap air inside the sleeve. Rather than 2 piece of plastic, our sleeves are customized to hold the card snugly enough to prevent movement, but without compromising the edges of the card. We have multiple sizes available, and we custom create sleeves for odd-sized cards. This is all part of our patented design (which includes the specifics of the inner sleeve). If you've seen an example of a card sticking to our sleeve and being damaged, please shoot me a scan or send me an example, as I would be most interested in seeing it.

Joe D, Dave F, etc: No doubt there are glare problems with the inner sleeves for many of you. At some point, though, we do have to weigh the pros and cons, and one side is going to be a bit disappointed. It would be great to have every submission made-to-order (with or without sleeves, with or without subgrades, with or without scans, etc.), but it's simply not feasible. I'll definitely check on anything we can do to improve the scan-ability, but I can't think of a solution offhand. Being completely upfront with you, our feedback has been overwhelmingly positive on the inner sleeves, so unless we were flooded with requests to get rid of them, chances are slim we would do so. All of our research clearly demonstrates that they offer the best protection over other alternatives, and at this point, people have preferred the protection over the scan-ability. But I admit, I'd sure love to find a solution that takes both into account, and am open to more ideas!

Thanks again to everyone for the input,
Mark